Ramanagara Trek Overview
Ramanagara is famously known as the birthplace of rock climbing, and is a frequently visited place ,located on the outskirts of the silicon valley of India, Bangalore. Situated just 50kms away from the main city it hardly takes an hour to reach this place from Bangalore.
Sculpted with rocky terrain , this place consists of huge mountains, boulders and granites and this rough terrain is an apt set up for many adventure activities like trekking, rappelling and rock climbing. Along with that the night stay at the camp has made it more enjoyable. Telling stories while sitting around the campfire and sleeping under the star studded sky is a privately cherishable experience.
Ramanagara is also known as the mecca of rock climbers and can be done in a weekend time. It is one of the refreshing spots that people prefer to visit in order to escape from their regular routine. Within 2 days of time this camping experience would refresh you and resume you to your regular routine after.
Popularly known as the birthplace of rock climbing, Ramanagara is a frequently visited place, located on the outskirts of the silicon valley of India, Bangalore. Located just 50 kms away from the main city it takes an hour to reach this place from Bangalore. Packed with rough and rocky terrain , this place consists of huge mountains, boulders and granites. With these rocky set up , this place is apt for many adventure activities like trekking, rappelling and rock climbing. In addition to that, the night stay at the camp has made it more enjoyable. Discussing stories while sitting around the bonfire and sleeping under the star studded sky.
This weekend’s type of trek at Ramanagara is also known as the mecca of rock climbers. It is one of the refreshing spots that people prefer to escape from their regular routine. Within a weekend’s time this camping experience would refresh the busy minds and resume them for their regular routine after. Though it is just a two days long camping experience, the memories packed with that would be relishing for eternity.
Check out: Best Himalayan Treks
Highlights of Ramanagara Trek
- The ramanagara day trek is so exotic not only that even the Night trek is no less than that, it’s unique and gives you an exclusive feel.
- Climbing up the rocky terrain in the dark multiplies the thrill and adventure.
- This trek is a must try with friends or cousins and will double the thrill , adventure and joy. Apart from the experience it’s too supportive as the fellow members know each other’s strengths and weaknesses.
- After hiking up, you’ll stay at the top to witness the sun crawl up in the horizon.
- Kayaking in the nearby water bodies after trailing down adds to the adventure of the trip.
- camping in the middle of lush green hills and mesmerizing Lake that surround the campsite is a wholesome experience for a weekend trip.
- Trekking to Ramanagara caves via those natural trails is a perfect fulfillment.
- The clear sky makes it perfect for stargazing while you are camping for the night.
- adventurous activities like Mud volleyball, kayaking, canoeing etc indulge you in the fun completely.
Basic Essentials During Ramanagara Trek
- Make sure you carry your personal Torch
- Do forget that carrying a water bottle is a must.
- carrying Dry fruits, energy bar, chocolates, etc.
- Carrying your Personal medication is better.
- Carrying Warm jackets for the night is better.
- Carrying shoes that are comfortable with good grip to climb up the hills.
- Carry Sunscreen or cap to prevent your face and skin from sunburns.
- Carrying your Backpack also a necessary
- Camera is optional, if you want to click pictures then you can carry them too.
Things to do on Ramanagara Trek
- Do not miss to try the set of sliding games, team-based activities, and adventure activities that are perfect for corporate retreats or family outings.
- There are activities like Water volleyball, Jumbo cricket, Jumbo Volleyball, Human Football, Raft Building, Pyramid Building, Jungle Survival Theme and many more exciting things awaits you.
- Apart from that You can also enjoy kayaking and canoeing in the lake, swimming in its pristine waters or you can also go for thrilling outdoor activities like Archery and ziplining at the camp. It adds up to the adventure of this trip.
- Make sure to enjoy camping activity with mouth-watering dishes served in Breakfast and Dinner that would satisfy your taste buds!
- This private campsite is under surveillance by security guarding and therefore there is no possibility of any inconveniences and you are set worry free to enjoy the camping to the fullest.
Also Check: Best Tracking Place in Uttarakhand
Things you Need Know before you visit Ramanagara Trek
- Children of all age groups are allowed in this campsite (including infants).
- It’s strictly prohibited from participating in rope activities and lake activities after consuming alcohol.
- Charges will be charged if any kind of damages are caused to the property or things belonging to the camp.
- Getting involved in activities like fist fighting, barging in other guests’ privacy is strictly prohibited inside the premises.
- Consumption of alcohol is strictly prohibited and not allowed outside the campsite/ near the lake, during your stay.
- Adventure activities are risky and it’s highly recommended that you take medical and life insurance before you do any adventure activity.
- Guidelines issued by the State-Government are to be strictly followed.
- A valid ID proof.
- PAN cards will NOT be considered as valid address proof.