In my recent post, I said that I want to work for a company that not only succeeds but does so by providing products and services that are good for the environment and deliver value to the people that use them. But when you think about it, there’s really more to it than that.
The advantages of solar energy have been a somewhat controversial subject for decades, the arguments against solar – dependence on sunshine, inefficient photovoltaic technology.
For example – against concrete benefits:
- A free and never ending energy source.
- Significant advances in photovoltaic cells in terms of cost and efficiency.
- Virtually zero carbon footprint and amazing diversity of applications.
Just 10 years ago, that you could power your cell phone with a small, portable solar charger?
All arguments aside, the fact is that more people are recognizing the advantages of solar power. Report by Solar Energy Industries association, It was shown that 2021 was another record for solar industry.
There are 10,751 MW of new Solar(PV) system installed in 2021. Representing a 41% increase in deployment over installation levels in 2020.
Solar accounted for 29% of all new electricity generation capacity added in 2021, up from just 10% in 2019. Which made solar the second largest source of new electricity generating capacity behind natural gas.”
TOP 5 REASONS TO GO SOLAR
I think that many reasons are driving the rise in solar power adoption, including my current top five:
- Right Thing To Do From An Environmental Perspective – Compared to coal, photovoltaic electricity contributes 96% to 98% less greenhouse gases, and over its lifetime uses 86% to 89% less water.
- Progressively More Inexpensive– The average price of a solar panel has declined by 60 percent since 2011.
- Increase The Value Of Your Property – One recent study of the California real estate market showed that each kilowatt added thousands of dollars in resale value.
- Help Cut Your Taxes – Tax credits of up to 30% against the cost of adding energy efficient (Energy Star) devices at your home. Offered by EPA, and every state in the U.S. has their own subsidiary program.
- Good For Our Economy – Nationally, solar energy is now responsible for over 100,000 American jobs, in over 5,000 businesses in every
I doubt that adage, “Think globally & act locally” more appropriate than when it’s applied to green energy. People who choose green energy/ solar power system that recognize the importance of alternative energy. They are individuals that inspire communities and neighbors. That are proving that going solar represents a smart decision that not only impacts their neighborhood, but the world.
What other reasons can you think of to go solar? Comment Below